Dates and Times
- We require proper respect and discipline at all times. Parents will be contacted in extreme cases.
- Students are not permitted to chew gum or candy during class.
- It is the parentís responsibility to bring to and pick up at our door students under the age of 12. These students will not be allowed to leave unless we have a note from the parents. This is for the childís protection.
- Smoking is not permitted in the studio at any time.
- We are not responsible for any injuries sustained while in the classroom or the premises.
- Please notify us if your phone number or address changes.
- If you wish to withdraw, you must COME IN and sign a withdrawal form, otherwise you will still be charged for classes.
- Students are expected to attend every class. Progress in class depends upon regular and consistent participation. Regular attendance is a must for progress and development.
- If a class is missed, please CALL to inform us and schedule a make up lesson.
- Parents and/or older students are responsible for scheduling their own make up lessons within 6 weeks of missed lesson.
- All students must be neat & clean, long hair is to be pulled back away from the face in a bun or ponytail.
- All students must wear required dance attire to all classes including proper shoes.
- Cover-ups are required outside the dance studio over leotards and dancewear.
- Please label all shoes and dancewear with studentís name so they can be identified. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Dance shoes & dancewear can be purchased at dancewear stores and they are not to be worn outside.
- Jazz shoes are obtained through the studio.
- Dance N Things in Englewood is the closest dancewear shop to Greenville.
- Unacceptable attire includes jeans, sweatpants, long pants, baggy shirts, school or play clothes, shorts and street shoes.
Required Dance Shoes
- Ballet Class: white or pink leather ballet shoes.
- Tap Class: black, white or tan tap shoes preferably with screw on taps.
- Jazz Class: ballet shoes for younger dancers and jazz shoes for intermediate on up.
- Acrobat Class: white leather soft shoes with rubber pads on the bottom.
- All Classes: leotard or unitard in any color (tights & dance skirts are optional.)
- For Junior High and High School Classes: leotards are recommended but you may opt for lycra dance shorts, lycra dance pants or leggings with a close fitted shirt.
- During the winter months, tights, leg warmers, leggings, sweaters and sweatshirts are suggested.
- Boys: Basketball shorts and T Shirt. Sweatpants may be worn in the winter months.
- Reasonable quiet is required in the waiting room to maintain a good learning situation.
- Parents are encouraged to watch class through our window, but please use discretion.
- If possible, try to leave younger children at home.
- Once revue dances are finished, parents are encouraged to video the dance for home practice.